Saturday 30 November 2013

Lost

The results of the ISBA elections have come out and unfortunately, I've been beaten to the post of programme chair for the Section on Biostatistics and Pharmaceutical Statistics.

I am not sure by how much $-$ I meant to ask for more details, but I've been a bit busy last week and didn't have the time. I suspect that the fact that only current members of the sections were allowed to vote wasn't good for me, as, probably, it increased the incumbent's advantage. [CORRECTION: As per ISBA's official numbers, I actually lost 10-9]

Anyway, I should congratulate Telba Irony, who's been re-elected and hopefully get her to take some of my programme points (starting with sponsoring the next BayesPharma) on board anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for running, Gianluca, and I hope you will run again in the future! You have a lot to bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for putting me up for it... And apparently it was a very tight one (10-9) $-$ not sure whether that's better or just more disappointing, though...

    ReplyDelete